Monday, February 27, 2017

Working with Faux Suede

I love love love McCall 7441!!!!  I love it so much that I made another one.  Yep, I said it, I made another one.  This time I made View A using an olive ultrasuede.  It is absolutely beautiful and an easy make. 

This was my first time working with Ultrasuede.  I am a beginner, I'm not supposed to work with difficult fabrics.  Why do I keep challenging myself?  The answer is simple: thats the only way to learn and improve my sewing skills.

Before starting a project you're supposed to prep your fabric. Thankfully this faux suede can be laundered in cold water.

 I was going to take my fabric to the dry cleaners.  It completely slipped my mind.  It wasn't until I started cutting that I realized that I did not prep my fabric.  After kicking myself, I threw my fabric in the wash with Woolite.  I rushed to my phone and researched the best way to dry faux suede.  I found many different answers but the most common was to lay my fabric flat to dry. Some researches suggest brushing

I used a size 80 sewing needle and regular pins.

I will make this pattern at least one more time.  Maybe view B or D.


Much better lighting!
 
Pattern Description: Misses jacket

Pattern Sizing:
L to XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!
Were the instructions easy to follow?

Super easy instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

There's nothing to dislike. It is an easy pattern for a beautiful and trendy jacket.
Fabric Used:

Olive Ultrasuede

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes. Definitely recommend.
Conclusion:

I've made this pattern before. This time I decided to make View A which is the shorter version of the first one I made. I will probably try this pattern again in View B or D.

No comments:

Post a Comment