Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Fluttering --Mimi G Top

 Impulsive [im-puhl-siv]: actuated or swayed by emotional or involuntary impulses

Impulsive sewing is that a thing? If so, I am probably the leader of the pack.  I was shopping the other day and found a cute pair of loose pants.  I mean just gorgeous and so I had to find just the right blouse for it.  The first image that came to my mind was Mimi G's flutter top.





That night, I looked up Mimi G's Tutorial  on YouTube. I could not sleep until I made this top.  I was obsessed I tell you!!!   It took about an hour and a half to make.  Not bad!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  Pattern Review

Pattern Description:

Exposed shoulder flutter top

Pattern Sizing: 

Made to fit your measurements.  That's the create thing about sewing!!! 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No envelope-I used a video tutorial by Mimi G.  It looks just like the picture she posted on her blog.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Mimi G did an awesome job with the instruction (on the video tutorial).

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

There is nothing to dislike about the pattern.

Fabric Used:

White knit that I bought at Joanns

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I added an inch to the flutter.  It is not noticeable because I am busty.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I would recommend this to others.  I just cut out the fabric to make another top like this. 

Conclusion:
I was kind of lost towards the end of the video.  I was not sure how the elastic encasement worked around the arms.  Once I started sewing it all came together.  This project took me a little over an hour to do.  This pattern is a winner.  I am busty so the next top I make I will add 3 inches to the flutter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment