Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Bib Drawstring Simplicity 8110

In my previous post, I mentioned closing the tip of a drawstring.  Sewing patterns skip these instructions because it is assumed that the sewist already knows how to do it.   I, the beginner, did not know how to close the tip and I was disappointed the first time I made Simplicity 8110. I was sitting down trying to figure out how to make the drawstring look RTW and this is what I came up with.

Step 1: Fold the tip of your drawstring 3/8 inch

Step 2: Stitch the tip of the drawstring 

Step 3: Fold drawstring in half. Topstitch the tip of the drawstring.

Step 4: Stitch the length of the drawstring.


 That's all to it!  

Now you have a professional looking drawstring.  I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have a different technique to close the tip of a drawstring.

Happy Sewing!~

No comments:

Post a Comment