Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pretty baby flowers Simplicity 8304

Hello world!!!

This fabric of pretty baby flowers is now an adorable dress for my 9 month old daughter.  I envision making many different dresses with this pattern. Let me start by saying my daughter is very tall for her age; so I decided to cut a size large. I figured if the dress was too big on her that she would grow into it. Man was I wrong. The size Large bodice fit just right and the skirt is super long.



Did I mention that there's also a headband?



Pattern Description:
Create cute and unique sportswear for babies! Pattern includes dress with heart shape elbow patches, top, leggings, headbands and stylish bibs.
Pattern Sizing:

I cut the size Large

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

It looks like the photo

Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were very easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

There is nothing to dislike about this pattern.  It's truly an easy make.

Fabric Used:

Blended cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I did not make any changes to this pattern. Maybe next time.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

 Yes. I am thinking about making one in denim.

Conclusion: 

The instructions was superb. I was a little worried how to sew the bias tape around the neckline but the instructions and photos were detailed. Thumbs up to the writer.

I am planning to make a few more dresses like this one.  Next time I will add a half of an inch around the bodice and shorten the skirt by 2 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment