Friday, March 10, 2017

Feeling backwards--Vogue 8898

Last year I bought Vogue pattern 8898.  I made this pattern around August of last year. dress together.  During the construction, I was having issues.  First the armhole was too large.  Check out what I went through last year with this dress.  Then I had to figure why the front bodice looked frumpy.  Keep in mind, I made this dress before I knew what a full bust adjustments was.  Without that valuable piece of knowledge, I was lost.


The other day, I was getting ready for church and I couldn't figure out what to wear.  I wanted to wear something that I have not worn to church before.  Hanging there, sad, in my closet, was Vogue 8898. I had to figure out how to make my dress Look Ready to Wear-ish.  When in doubt wear a belt.  Shoot how bad can it be.
Unfortunately, I do not have any clothing tags, which makes getting dressed a little confusing.  I looked in the Mirror and stood there in shock. My dress didn't look bad after all.  Why was I so worried.? Then it hit me!  My dress is on Backwards! Rofl!!!!

I decided to wear it was backwards and it looked gorgeous.  I'm not sure how to correct the Bodice issue without buying more fabric, doing a FBA on the pattern piece and then cutting out a new front piece.
It's not perfect but what do you think.



Pattern Review

Pattern Description:

Loose-fitting, pullover dress has right shoulder pleats forming drape, and narrow hem. B: Shoulder tie. B, C: Self-belt, right side opening C

Pattern Sizing: 

16 to 26






Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes for the most part. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?

This was my first dress. For me, a beginner, everything is difficult. 


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

This pattern is rated easy.  It was pretty easy to follow. There was nothing to dislike

Fabric Used:

Burgundy Ponte Knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

No alterations made.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes.  I have to get this dress right.  Definitely recommend this pattern.  I have seen some beautiful versions of this dress. I wanted to have some options for this dress, so I made the shoulder tie and the self belt.  

Conclusion:

Stay toned for the second version of this dress, with a FBA.  I cut a size 20 for my bust and had to remove 4 inches from the waist.  it is still big and I have an issue with the armhole.  Next time I will cut size 16 and do a FBA. 













No comments:

Post a Comment