Friday, July 14, 2017

Mini Me Simplicity 1451

From my previous post you already know that I was running around town looking for this fabric.  I found this pattern, Simplicity 1451, while waiting in line at the cutting counter.  
From this pattern, I made View D (the top) and View F (the shorts).  The shorts were super easy to make.  Oh my goodness!  I can't believe I'm saying this, "The shorts were super easy to make."  Woohoo!  This time last year, I was struggling to make my first pair of shorts. Now I'm saying this pair was super easy to make.  

I love the cuff hem.  I didn't finish the edge before making the cuff. From the cuff you can see that the edge was not finish.



 I will definitely do that the next time I make this pattern.

 

Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
Toddlers' Easy to Sew dresses, top, cropped pants and shorts make a complete summer wardrobe for your toddler. Dresses and top can be made with trims or ruffles. Shorts and Pants have elastic waistband.
Pattern Sizing:
1/2 to 4
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes for the most part. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
 The instructions were super easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this pattern especially the elastic in the back of the top.

Fabric Used:
 African Print Cotton from Joann's (top)
Cotton blend (shorts)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
 The straps are thinner than the pattern. (I was running out of fabric)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
 Yes, I am definitely going to make this again.  Definitely make this pattern for your little one.

Conclusion: 
I cut a size 2 for the top and shorts. The took in the side seams by 3/8 of an inch.  I made the top in one afternoon and then the shorts the next day in less than 30 minutes.  For the top, I did not do a good job marking the fabric.  The first time around the straps were too far apart.  Soooo,  had to take the bodice apart and start over.
I love the fit of the shorts.  They have a cuff hem which makes them even cuter.  When we took these photos it was 93 degrees outside, but my baby girl looked cool.  She was comfortable and happy.



Breaking News:

I'm on Instagram!  I finally took the leap and joined Instagram.  Check me out at Foxxyfranny

2 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so cute. The fabric is gorgeous. I love african prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sewing CPA. I am obsessed with African prints. My local fabric store has a few on hand. The prints I really wants are difficult to find.

      Delete