Saturday, July 22, 2017

Gray and Pink Floral Wrap Peplum--McCall 7602

McCall 7602 is a great pattern.  It is a self lined mock wrap top with cup sizing


I was not sure what size to cut.  This is my first time making a woven top so I was a little apprehensive about the fitting. I did not have time to make a muslin so I had to figure everything out the first time around.
I started with a size 18 neckline and armhole and cut the remainder of the top a size 22.  The dart was moved down an inch

I made a huge mistake while cutting the fabric.  Somehow I cut the ruffle on the wrong side of the fabric. I didn't realize until it was time to attach the ruffle.  After freaking out, I decided to put the ruffle on the left side.  Will it make a huge different?  Only people in the sewing world will notice. I hope!  But the average Sue walking down the street will not know the difference.  So I guess I can live with it.

Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
 Close fitting mock wrap top has peplum and flounce options. B: Contrast right upper front, straps and lower left and back peplum. D: Contrast flounce, lower right and back peplum. Includes separate pattern pieces for A/B, C and D cup sizes.
 
Pattern Sizing:
14 to 20 and cup sizing
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
I made a mistake while cutting the fabric. My flounce is on the wrong side. Other than that it looks exactly the same.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Most of the directions were easy to follow.  I had some trouble attaching the ruffle side of the wrap.  I managed.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this pattern!  There is really nothing to dislike about this pattern.  I am not fond of the self lining. There were several occasions where I couldn't figure which side I was working on,  The peplum could be fuller.
 
Fabric Used:
Blended cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
 I did not make any alterations to this pattern. Next time I will make the peplum and ruffle fuller
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I do recommend this pattern.  I want to make This pattern again in a Challis.
 
Conclusion:
I cut a size 18 neckline and armhole and grade up to size 20 from the bust line. This is a super cut summer blouse.  I was thinking about making this view again and doubling the flounce.  I also want to make View A.  I would also like to move the zipper from the back to the side.  I want to figure out a way to make the peplum fuller.  Oh I almost forgot the armhole is huge. Next time I will select a smaller armhole.  Due to the huge armhole, I have to wear an undershirt. I was originally going to make View D but forgot to cut the front flounce so I ended up with View C.  I am happy with my top.

This is my first time working with a pattern that has cup sizing.  I moved down the bust dart about 1.5 inches.
Next time I will cut a size 18 neckline and do a full bust adjustment.  I will also have to adjust the armhole.

15 Minutes of Sewing
This blouse was my 15 minutes of sewing project.  Next up is a pair of Burda shorts. This is not from my original Summer Sewing Plan.  My son asked me to make him a pair of shorts.  I am going to make a muslin and then cut into my fashion fabric.

Progress Report:
Simplicity 8383-I made it!  Yes.  It's cute!  Until I burned it.  Stay tune for my next post.

Skirt Fit-a-long:  I am working on Week 2. My pattern is cut and muslin fabric cut. Next up is putting it together and fitting.

Tween Series:  My eldest daughter has cut out the  muslin fabric and hand basted her garment.  Unfortunately, it's too small.  So we're starting over.

Summer Sewing Plan: 8 items left on my sewing plan.  I'm almost there.  Woohoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment