Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Swim Suit Coverup Butterick 4526

Happy Independence Day!

I've lived in South Florida for 12 years and I think I've been to the beach maybe four times.  The holiday weekend was the perfect time to take the kids to the beach.  There was one problem.  I didn't have a swimsuit  cover-up.  Like a mad woman I search through my sewing patterns stash.  Then I found the perfect fabric.

This was my first time making a Butterick pattern.



I bought this pattern in November 2016.  I originally wanted to make View A.  
At the time I thought that making a swimsuit would be super easy and I was going to knock it out and have a brand-new swimsuit to wear for summer 2017.  I was wrong about that after looking at a few YouTube videos about making our swimsuits I realize that this process will take a lot longer and I moved on to my next project. 
 
Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
 Wrap laps in front and ties at back neck
Pattern Sizing:
14 to 20
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Great instructions and easy to follow
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this pattern and it is super quick to make
Fabric Used:
Knit. Not sure what kind
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not make any alterations
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
If I make a swimsuit this summer I will make this wrap again.  This is a great pattern and a quick make.
Conclusion: 
This pattern has one piece!!!  Yes one!  This was a quick make.  It took about an hour to make this project. That includes cutting of the pattern and fabric.  I shocked when I saw the darts in the back of this wrap.  I cut a size 18 straight through.  This was truly a quick and easy make. 



Have a wonderful 4th of July!
From My Family to Yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment