Skip to main content

Bibbing It Simplicity 8110


Happy Monday!!! Soooo what did you do this weekend?  I had the weekend off Ooo Yea! (And the crowd goes wild)!  Lol! I had time to get some stuff done around the house.  Plussssss some sewing.  Now I didn't get to cross off much from my sewing plan, but it's better than nothing.











My weekend started with Girl Scouts Thinking Day!  We had an awesome time!  For Thinking Day every troop selects a country to represent.  Our troop selected India. 


Aren't my girls cute!


Did you know mango is India's national fruit?  There's hundreds of types of mangos. 
Mouthwatering,  Sorry for drooling.

We sampled food from different around the world England, Italy, Haiti, Jamaica, and many more.  After stuffing our faces, we headed over to Joann's.


Babies
What's the one thing that babies have to have, other than formula and diapers?  bibs.  My eight month old has a new love, baby food!!!  Without a bib, every outfit in my daughter,s closet would be ruined.
All of the bibs I purchase have suffer from baby food attacks.  The only bib that's withstood the baby food battles is the one that I made last year.  You can find it here.  Since I had some more PUL fabric left over, I decided to make Two more.



This fabric is very easy to clean.  I am tempted to buy more.  We will see!!!


Bias Binding

Modifications:  I made the front pocket bigger.  I'm not sure if I like the pocket's bigger.

Other Modifications:  No front pocket.  I was running out of fabric and I didn't want any scraps so I made a second bib without a front pocket.  Aren't they cute!!!

Simplicity does not explain how to close the tips of the drawstrings.  In another post, I will show the steps I took to close the tips of the drawstrings.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting! I am about to Scream

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to figure out fitting.  Why is it so difficult?  I think I am going to stick with knits.  At least for a little while.   I hate making muslins.   But for my daughter's dress I had to make a muslin. Plus I graded up the bodice pieces.  Everything worked out ok but now it looks frumpy.
I made the muslin with a cotton blend fabric I found in Walmart.  It was super cheap so why not?  My muslim came out okay and only needed a little adjusting so I moved on the fashion fabric.





My fashion fabric is a stretch satin.  I don't know how because there absolutely 0 stretch.  Anywho it's a beautiful fabric.


My first fitting in the fashion fabric looked like this.



I originally did not sew 5/8 seams. My seams were closer to 3/8 because I wanted to ensure the bodice wasn't too small. But the bodice was too loose.


Horrible pictures





Then I took in 1 inch.  Now it looks out of wack and the heart is distorted. What did I do wrong?   Is it the…

Oh my sleeves McCall 7441

Well well well.  Oh sleeves. They scare me so much that I avoided this project for two weeks like seriously I started the project did the shoulders seams and the side seams and then when it came down to doing the narrow hem and installing the sleeves I panicked. So I set aside Mccall 7441 and started my Holiday Party dress, Vogue 1520.

After this jacket sat in a ziplock bag for so long,  I decided to take a crack at it.  The first sleeve fit the armhole perfectly.  The secons sleeve was too big.  How do I fix the sleeve without taking of the sleeve the sleeve?

What do I do?

I gave my seam ripper a motivational speech and then removed the sleeve.  What else was I to do?

I

Narrow Hem
The easiest way that I've found to do a narrow hem is sew a stitch 5/8" from the edge.  Then fold in the edge to the stitch line.  While folding the edge in press the fabric with an iron.

Pattern Review
Pattern Description:

Loose-fitting unlined jackets and vest have front opening variations, shape…

Holiday Party Dress 10 Days

Stressful!!!  I love a challenge.
Last night I spent the night working on a Full Bust Adjustment (FBA) and a Muslin.  I have only 11 days to make this dress.  I'm sweating and panicking.  My challenge begins with a Full Bust Adjustment.  There's two ways to do an FBA: cutting the pattern in 3 places or a pivot.  Vogue 1520 bodice is one full piece with the left and right sides so I decided to explore the pivot method.
After tracing the front bodice on newspaper, I proceeded to pivot the original pattern 1.5 inches on both sides of the bodice.

Here's my new front bodice. Then I made a purple muslin using some leftover Interlock fabric.  The interlock fabric was perfect to use as a muslin, because it has the same amount of stretch as my stretch velvet fabric.  The muslin was very large in the waist line so I scaled down 2 inches for the waist.  Tomorrow I will cut out my fabric and complete step one. Hopefully...