Monday, March 20, 2017

Bibbing It Simplicity 8110


Happy Monday!!! Soooo what did you do this weekend?  I had the weekend off Ooo Yea! (And the crowd goes wild)!  Lol! I had time to get some stuff done around the house.  Plussssss some sewing.  Now I didn't get to cross off much from my sewing plan, but it's better than nothing.











My weekend started with Girl Scouts Thinking Day!  We had an awesome time!  For Thinking Day every troop selects a country to represent.  Our troop selected India. 


Aren't my girls cute!


Did you know mango is India's national fruit?  There's hundreds of types of mangos. 
Mouthwatering,  Sorry for drooling.

We sampled food from different around the world England, Italy, Haiti, Jamaica, and many more.  After stuffing our faces, we headed over to Joann's.


Babies
What's the one thing that babies have to have, other than formula and diapers?  bibs.  My eight month old has a new love, baby food!!!  Without a bib, every outfit in my daughter,s closet would be ruined.
All of the bibs I purchase have suffer from baby food attacks.  The only bib that's withstood the baby food battles is the one that I made last year.  You can find it here.  Since I had some more PUL fabric left over, I decided to make Two more.



This fabric is very easy to clean.  I am tempted to buy more.  We will see!!!


Bias Binding

Modifications:  I made the front pocket bigger.  I'm not sure if I like the pocket's bigger.

Other Modifications:  No front pocket.  I was running out of fabric and I didn't want any scraps so I made a second bib without a front pocket.  Aren't they cute!!!

Simplicity does not explain how to close the tips of the drawstrings.  In another post, I will show the steps I took to close the tips of the drawstrings.




No comments:

Post a Comment