Saturday, November 26, 2016

Bib Simplicity 8110 View E

I was in Wal-mart shopping for bibs.  Out of NOWHERE something hit me...I should make my own bibs.  Shoot how hard could it be.  I strolled over to the Pattern drawer and found Simplicity 8110.  I didn't see the bib at first because it is hidden on the bottom left hand side of the pattern envelope. 

This pattern is a bib.  It has a pocket in the front which makes it great for my little girl.

  Picture on the bottom left. 


There was still one problem, where will I find fabric that's easy to clean?  Fabric that is water resistant or wipe off clean.  I wanted something that I could just wipe off.  The next day I went to Joann's and found "Babyville Boutique Waterproof PUL Fabric".  It's designed for bibs, diaper covers, and etc.  There's three in a pack so I started with this one.


Isn't is adorable!!!!





Half way through I stopped to admire my work.  I'm getting better.  WOOHOO!

 
Finish product!!!

My baby rocking her new bib!!!
 
What's my next project?
Who knows!!! Let the adventure continue.
 
 
Pattern Review

Pattern Description:
 Get all the baby accessories you need in this fun pattern designed by Andrea Schewe. Pattern includes floor play mat, high chair play mat, stroller blanket and organizers, and wrap-around apron bibs.
 
Pattern Sizing:
One Size fits all
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It looks just like the photo on the pattern envelope.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
It was extremely easy to follow.  There was only 3 steps the bib.  The instructions were extremely easy to follow.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The pattern does not instruct you how to close the binding drawstring.
 
Fabric Used:
Waterproof PUL Fabric
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No pattern alterations made.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I am making two more bibs.
 
Conclusion:
The straight edge of bib, shoulders, and lower edges are encases with binding.  This was my first time working with binding so I basted the binding to the PUL Fabric before stitching it on the sewing machine.  This pattern was extremely easy.  I love how it looks.  Definitely a great addition to my collection of bibs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment