Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Buzzing Buzzer




My daughter was given a challenge to complete during Thanksgiving break.  She needed to make something to hide a buzzer/alarm.  Where should she hide an alarm ...in a Teddy Bear!

So this became a mommy and daughter project. We worked together tracing and cutting out pieces.  It was a great way to catch up with my daughter and I love spending quality time with my babies.

(Sorry for the dark pictures...horrible lighting.)

How Joyful Bear
Find pattern here

Pattern Description:

Adorable teddy bear

Pattern Sizing: 

N/a

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes thank goodness!  When  I saw the pattern pieces I was a little worried.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Kind of.  Some of the names did not match.  The pattern directions states "Forehead" but the pattern piece says Front.  It was frustrating because we were not sure if we were using the right piece and we did not want to make any mistakes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked how the pattern was label.  Each corner or curve has a letter.  It became a matching game.  We had to match the letters to see where to sew pieces together.  Had some trouble with the labeling.



Fabric Used:

Fleece---It's so soft.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

No changes were made. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I am not sure if I am going to make the Joyful Teddy Bear again.  I might make it for a baby shower gift. 

Conclusion: 

The pattern description on the pattern piece and in the directions would labeled differently.  The direction also includes a pattern number for each piece, however the pieces were not numbered. It was kind of tricky working with fleece.  I used a stretch needle and a walking foot.  I am not sure if that was the beat way but it worked. Every piece was basted by my lovely daughter before stitched on the sewing machine.   This project required some hand stitching.  To attach the head to the body I had to hand sew them together with an invisible stitch.


head

Front of bear.  Bully button poking out.
I'm too sexy for my tail.  Back of Joyful bear


This was adorable.  my daughter's teacher was very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment