Monday, November 21, 2016

Simplicity 1165--Sha Sha Shorts

I made these a few months ago but I wanted to share it with you.

My daughter is 10 years old 2 weeks shy of being 11.  I purchased a children sewing pattern for shorts and the largest size (16) was too small.  So I purchased Simplicity 1165 and she's a size 8!!!  I was shocked.  Kids grow so fast.



It's okay because I knew that she would love her shorts.. She is obsessed with the color pink.  While shopping I asked her to find fabric that would look good as a pair of shorts.  Everything she showed me was pink.  The majority of her closet is pink.  So I challenged her to pick a fabric with absolutely no pink.  She needs to broaden her horizons.  Finally I selected the fabric below  and she was not happy.  .

 

She wasn't happy until she saw her brand new shorts

 
Pattern Description:
Misses' pull-on bottoms with pockets include slim pants cut lengthwise or crosswise, shorts that are just above the knee, and short shorts with trim.
Pattern Sizing:
Size 6 to 22
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes it does!!!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes.  I was a little confused with the yoke and pocket thing. 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I enjoyed making this pattern.  The package is correct it is "Easy to Sew".
Fabric Used:
Cotton purchased at Joann's
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't make any changed to the design.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely.  It's a great pattern for a beginner like me.  It took me one evening to sew this pattern.
Conclusion:
Lightweight fabrics like jersey and double georgette was the recommended fabrics. But when I found this fabric.  I knew it would look great.  This cotton fabric did not have any stretch.  The size 8 waistband was too short so I cut a size 10.   My daughter loves these. I will definitely make them again.
 

New she wants another pair.  This time I think I will make it with a pink gingham.  LOL!  I can't punish her.

No comments:

Post a Comment