Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy birthday Mummy! McCall 7630

My mother just celebrated a milestone birthday-the big 60.  My kummy looks great for hr age and I hope I look just as good as she does when I hit 60.  Mummy’s falls the day after New Year.  Even in the womb my mother was brilliant. She was smart enough to ensure her birthday did not fall on a major holiday.

Unfortunately it rained all day and we didn’t do much.  She did not want to go outside and I don’t blame her.  So this weekend we will celebrate.  I decided to make her a top as one of the many presents I gave her for her big day.  A few months ago I purchased this gorgeous fabric from Fabric Mart.  This fabric is a black/Ivory Floral Print 100% Polyester Crinkle Charmeuse 52W and it was super easy to sew.

My mom is but I told her that she could not have it.  I knew I was going to make something for her with this fabric. I just couldn’t figure out what to make.  Then I found this pattern, McCall 7630, in my stash.  My mom loves large sleeves so I decided to make View D.  Plus View D of this pattern would show off this beautiful fabric.

This pattern did not take long to make.  From pattern cutting to final hemming only took a few hours.

After making this pattern for my mom I know I have to make one for myself.
Sleeve—isn’t this gorgeous!

Too Cute!

Modification:  I made some modifications to the pattern. I decided to add a back slit and a cute button in the back.  


BUTTON DETAIL:  Have to love a cute button.

This was a great make. My mummy has not worn this top yet so I will try to post a photo of her wearing it. Next on my list... UFO items and some more of my Fall makes.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. i love your blouse! will have to check out this pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pattern is on my to do list. I need one for myself. The fabric is gorgeous

      Delete