Saturday, February 8, 2020

Vogue 8825 Valentine's Dance Dress

Good day all

Why does Vogue Patterns intimidate me?  Something about the name Vogue makes me admire the cover of the pattern for hours at a time but never build up the courage to make them.

After staring at the pattern cover I was determined to make it for my anniversary. I buckled down and read the instructions before cutting into the fabric.  (Just in case I chickened out! Lol) Thank goodness there's Very Easy Vogue Patterns.   Once I read the instructions I felt a little at ease .

A few years I purchased this pattern with the intent of making it.  I'm glad that I waited so long.  This dress came out beautifully.

This pattern made me fall in love with sewing all over again.  Vogue 8825 was exactly what I needed to get my sewing mojo back.

Sewing Pattern Review

This pattern was easy to make.

I cut a size 20 all the way through and the had to remove about an inch from bodice and 2.5 inches from the width of the skirt.

Sleeve band-the sleeve cuff needed some adjusting.  I removed an inch from the width and 3/4 inch from the length.
Check out the picture below. The sleeve on the left side is the sleeve before making adjustments.  The sleeve on the right side is the final product after adjustments.


Sewing patterns are a guide; so take the time to adjust the pattern to your body.  That's the great thing about sewing your own garments.

Fabric is a Teal, Hot Pink, Dark Chartreuse, Yellow Poly Ikat Lyrca knit purchased a few years ago from Fabric Mart.

This pattern requires 3 1/4 yards of fabric.  I only had 3 yards of fabric so I had to shorten the belt.

I originally made this dress for my anniversary.  My son insisted that I wear to his son Valentine's day dance.  I couldn't disappoint my prince so Mommy wore the new dress to the dance.  My husband loves the dress so I killed 2 birds with one stone.

I'm back to the drawing board and in need of a dress pattern for my anniversary.

Vogue Pattern thank you for an amazing pattern!

That's all for today.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments: