Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Dreaming of Skirts---Simplicity 1104

Shopping!!  Sometimes I love it and sometimes I skip it all together (which is never good).  The other day, I was in the mall with my husband, I found the cutest peplum top. I just needed a cute skirt to pair it with.  Usually I would buy a solid print skirt or a pair of black pants.  This time I wanted 1 skirt a cute print.

I left the mall without finding the skirt of my dreams. Thankfully I have taken on an awesome new hobby...SEWING!!!

Off to the fabric store I go. My local store has a nice selection of African print fabric.  I'm not sure if they're authentic but they're beautiful!   I knew I could find a skirt sewing pattern in my stash that would go nicely with my top.. Sooooo my next adventure begins!
Absolutely Love it!!!!


Pattern Review

Pattern Description:

This stylish pattern features pleated peplum tunic and dress with squared off V-neckline, slim knee-length skirt with slit, or knit leggings with exposed back zipper.

Pattern Sizing: 

14 to 22 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes, it looks like the picture except for the binding.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were easy to follow.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I loved the pattern.  The instructions did a great job going into detail about

Fabric Used:

Ankara fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I did not finish the hem with bias binding.  I folded hem by 1 inch and did a topstitch at the bottom. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I will definitely sew this pattern again.  Next time I will use bias binding to finish the hem.  Everyone should make this skirt.  It is a great pattern.  With this pattern, I see myself making some staple items in my wardrobe.

Conclusion:

Quick make.  Seriously a quick make.  From cutting to hemming, this skirt took 1.5 hours to make. That's a winner!!! I see myself making at least three more skirts. 
 

I love how this skirt came together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment