Saturday, February 18, 2017

Tulle Skirt




So you want to work with Tulle Fabric.  DONT DO IT!  RUN!



I'm joking. It is not easy. My sewing machine does not like Tulle.  Tulle is absolutely beautiful and with time and patience I know I can make some beautiful garments.

I am going to challenge  myself to work with Tulle at least one more time before the end of the year.  If anyone has some tips please share it in the comment box below.

Cutting Tulle was tricky.  my first try left me with an uneven end.  It took a few tries to even out the edges. The best way I've found to manage tulle is scotch tape.  Yes I said scotch tape.   After cutting the tulle I applied tape to the seam allowance to keep the tulle together. 
 
After sewing the tulle together, removed the scotch tape.


My daughter loves this skirt. It fun and cut for a preteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment