Thursday, August 31, 2017

Pink Cheetah McCall 7634

A few weeks ago I purchased some fabric from Mood fabric online Mood fabric is the fabric supplier for Project Runway and Project Runway Junior.   Some day I will visit the store in New York.

I bought some really great pieces on this website.  My tween fell in love with a pink cheetah print jersey fabric .  I knew I had to make her something that was cute but a little edgy because she's a preteen.  After looking through my pattern stash I found McCall 7634.

I purchased this pattern for her to make in a sweatshirt fabric.  I decided to use this jersey print fabric and make some modifications to the pattern.
Modifications
Number one I removed the center front placket that will have the grommets instead I folded the fabric in half  and cut it on the center front in a straight line.

Number two instead of cutting the long sleeves I cut the sleeves about 6 inches long and omitted the ribbed cuff and omitted the rib edge of the dress.

Number three I lengthen the skirt by 2 1/2 inches .

Number four instead of cutting the back on the fold I cut it so that I would have a central back  seam.

This project was completed in one night it took about four hours with all of the modifications from cut of pattern pieces to hem of the dress.
. My daughter wore this dress the very next morning.  Unfortunately, II forgot to take pictures of my daughter wearing this dress.  I will have to take photos the next time she wears it.

I absolutely love this dress and how it looks on my daughter I'm not sure if I'm going to make this pattern again maybe next time I'll make it the way it is intended with the front placket and the grommets.

 Mood fabric
This was my first time ordering from Mood Fabric.  I am very happy with my purchase.

Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
Misses' Knit Tops, Dresses, Shorts, and Pants
Loose fitting tops and dresses have pocket, length and hem variations. A, C, D: Rib knit cuffs and bands. Fitted pull on shorts and pants have rib knit waistband.
 
Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 14
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Not exactly because I made him some out of Modifications to the pattern
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The pattern instructions were pretty easy to follow us get quite a few stops because I made some modifications.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
there's nothing to this like about this pattern.
 
Fabric Used:
Knit from Mood Fabric.
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Please see conclusion.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will definitely make this pattern again probably in a sweater or sweatshirt fabric for the winter which is typically kind a like fall weather but it sounds Florida and with the Romans as originally intended for this pattern
 
Conclusion: 
 When I made this pattern my daughter and I had plans to go out the following day.  I wanted to make something really quick.  This dress took about four hours to make but I made quite a few modifications.   I folded the front of the dress I cut the front of the dress on the fold and omitted the steps for the Grommets.  I knew that skipping the grommets would shave an hour or two half.

The following day when she worked she looked great in the dress I do kind of wish that I had made this dress with grommets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment