Wednesday, August 9, 2017

New Look 6522 Cold Shoulder Dress


Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
The perfect big sister little sister dresses for any summer party. Pattern includes maxi and above knee length dresses and a high low hem top. Dresses and tops can be made sleeveless with a large bow tie at neck or with a cold shoulder sleeve. All views have back keyhole opening at the collar. New Look Sewing patterns are always all sizes in one at one low price.

Pattern Sizing:
3 to 7 and 8 to 14
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Great directions.  I had to look up two terms "layer seam" and "stitch a scant."  The layer seam was easy and I know I will use this technique again. 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This is a great pattern for a cute trendy dress.
Fabric Used:
Cotton
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yesssss!
Conclusion: 
 My 6 year old (mini model) saw this pattern and knew it was for her.  Lol! I was not sure how to approach this pattern because my daughter is slim and tall.  I cut a size 5 all around but cut the size 7 in length.  This was a perfect fit.  The neckline was kind of tricky and I could have done better.  I will definitely try this dress again.
I couldn't seem to get the "stitch a scant" right.  After stitching the seam, I could not manage to turn the loop right side out. 
I made the loops the same way I make spaghetti straps. 

The loops came out nicely.
Cold shoulder





 Progress Report
15 Minutes of Sewing
Burda 9641: Shorts for my son.  Done!  Photos coming soon
Next up is a tunic.

Progress Report:
Simplicity 8383-I made it!  Yes.  It's cute!  Until I burned it.  Stay tune for my next post.  I ordered some fabric online to make this pattern again.  I am not happy with my select.  I purchased a creamy pink from Fashion Fabric.  The color is not as cute as it looked only.  I think I am going to look from a print instead.  This was my first time ordering from Fashion Fabric.  I am not too happy with my order.  One fabric description was a "Chocolate Dark Cocoa but it is not dark at all.  Maybe it is faded.  I don't know.  I think I am going to stick to my regular Online fabric stores. 

Oh yeah.  I almost forgot to mention.  I purchased some fabric from Mood Fabric and they're fabric is divine.  I can't wait to cut into them.

Skirt Fit-a-long:  I am working on Week 2. My pattern is cut and muslin fabric cut. Next up is putting it together and fitting.

Tween Series:  My eldest daughter completed her project.  Photos coming soon.

Summer Sewing Plan: 7 more...
Simplicity 3182-Almost done!
Vogue 1531-Muslin stage
New Look 6434-pattern cut
Simplicity 8304-done. Photos coming soon
See & Sew 5908-pattern and fabric cut
McCall 7543-pattern and fabric cut
Vogue 8898- need to select fabric

Fall Sewing Plan: This list is getting super long.
Vogue 1550?
McCall 6886
McCall 7542
McCall 7315
McCall 7042
McCall 7571
McCall 7572
McCall 7322
McCall 6751
McCall 7429



No comments:

Post a Comment