Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Working with Eyelet Simplicity 1451

I broke a needle.  Yes I did!  Another dangerous fabric crossed off my sewing bucket list.  I didn't realize eyelet fabric could be so dangerous. Eyelet is such a beautiful fabric.  I especially love it in the summer.  I decided to make my toddler a cute top using Simplicity 1451. This was my second time working with this pattern.  It was easier to make this pattern the second time around.  Kinda.  Let's just say the pattern was easier but the fabric is dangerous!

The needle of my sewing machine broke as it was going over the heavily embroidered part of the fabric.


Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:

Toddlers' Easy to Sew dresses, top, cropped pants and shorts make a complete summer wardrobe for your toddler. Dresses and top can be made with trims or ruffles. Shorts and Pants have elastic waistband.

Pattern Sizing:
1/2 to 4

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love this pattern.  There is nothing to dislike.
Fabric Used:
 Eyelet
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
This time around I did not make and changes.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
 I might make this pattern one more time.
Conclusion: 

I have made this pattern before.  I had a super cute Eyelet fabric  in my stash that I think I bought at Joann's.  Anywho, this was my first time working with Eyelet.  While sewing over a heavily embroidered section my needle broke.  I did not realize how dangerous Eyelet could be.  After breaking a needle, I knew I had to slow done.  I hand turned my sewing needle over the heavily embroidered areas of the fabric.  The bodice is lined  with Cotton voile.  I cut a size 2 which is large on my toddler.  I love this pattern and will definitely make it again.  My daughter wore this top with a pair of leggings I made using Simplicity 8304.



PROGRESS REPORT
Coming Soon:
  • Simplicity 8383
  • McCall 7436
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Tween Skirt
15 Minutes of Sewing

McCall 7543-Step 8 narrow hemming the sleeves. 

Summer Sewing Plan: 6 more...
Simplicity 3182-Almost done!
Vogue 1531-Muslin stage
New Look 6434-pattern cut
Simplicity 8304-done. Photos coming soon
See & Sew 5908-pattern and fabric cut
Vogue 8898- need to select fabric

Sewing Basket
Kwik Sew Mom Top

Fall Sewing Plan:  There's 30 items on my list.  That's not realistic.  My head is spinning just thinking about it.  I am going start over.  I might make a capsule.  Oh that's a great idea.

2 comments:

  1. Had to laugh about your 30 items on your fall sewing list because I do the same thing. I get so excited about the possibilities, then if I make one or two things, I'm lucky! Your DD is so cute and looks adorable in this top. It's awful when a needle breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my sewing needle broke I felt like the world was going to end! I love looking at the sewing patterns and thinking about all the possibilities and somehow I managed to put 30 items on my list so I'm going to start sewing my fall items September 1. Hopefully by November 30th I will make at least half of the items on my on plan. Let's see how it goes.

      Delete