Monday, June 26, 2017

Simpliciy 8379---Round #2

😊
The first time I made this pattern I was not happy with the results.  I did not choose the right fabric and I didn't have enough knowledge for working with knits.  I've done a lot of result and picked a few tips for working with knits.  Now I have a dress as a reward for all of my hard work.

I love this dress!  I have a cute summer dress!  Watch out now!!! 


My Cute summer dress has wings!
Bias Binding neckline!  Oooo maybe next time I will make my own.  This is going to be good.

This time around I used a serger to make this dress.   I love you Serger! (But I absolutely hate threading you!) Hehehe!

Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
 This knit dress has only one main pattern piece making it super easy to sew and perfect for beginners. The pull-on dress is sleeveless with a round neckline. Use a knit fabric with a lot of drape to complement the side-draping detail on this dress.

Pattern Sizing:
XXS to XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were super easy and explains how to sew with knits.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love everything about this pattern.  There's nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used:
ITY I picked up at Wal-Mart!  Yes Wal-Mart.  Isn't it cute.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I lengthen the dress by an inch.  That didn't make much of a different.  I should have added 3 or more inches. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I have made this pattern twice.  I probably won't make this dress again.  Unless, I find a super adorable floral print fabric. 

Conclusion: 
I cut a size Large for the neckline and armhole, Extra Large for the bust, and the remainder of the dress I cut a size Medium.  This time around I used a serger to make this dress.   II made this dress with store bought bias binding to finish the neckline.  It is super cute.  The fabric I used is not as drapery as the slub knit.  I love it just the same.

The armhole binding is so pretty.  Yeaaaa Me!!



Progress Report
15-minutes of sewing:
Simplicity 8124 --> I've cut out the fabric and realized I do not have enough fabric.  I cut out one sleeve and half of the other.  I found the fabric needed to make the second sleeve.

Work in Progress:

Simplicity 1382 --> Waistband interfaced


 Vogue 1531-I am going to Muslin the skirt and tweak the bodice Muslin. And THEN!!!  I can cut into my fashion fabric.  Oh yeah!!!!  I can't wait to wear this baby!

In the sewing basket:  These patterns have been cut and/or fabric cut and ready to become garments. 

Sewing Basket/Summer Sewing Plan

I also need to work on McCall 7542 for my beautiful mommy!  I guess this is my sewing plan.  It is not official.  It is subject to change.  Because for some odd reason I'm an impulsive sewing.:-)
McCall 6884--> Pattern Cut and Fabric Cut

Simplicity 1451--> Pattern Cut and Fabric Cut.

Vogue 8898--> I want to try this pattern out again

McCall 7543--> Pattern Cut and Fabric Cut

See & Sew 5908--> Pattern Cut and Fabric Cut

Simplicity 8383-->Pattern Cut

McCall 7542-->  I do not have enough Fabric

McCall 7589--> Need to cut pattern

New Look 6522--> Pattern Cut

McCall 7602-->  I lost my pattern.  I have to pick up another one!

Sewing Skills

Working with Knits  In between working on projects, I have been working on my skills.  Especially with knits. 

Other stuff:

I am working on week #2 of the Skirt Fit-a-long

I've started a Fall Sewing Plan draft:

-Vogue 1550
-a bomber jacket
-a jacket for my 6 year old
-slippers (that should be fun)
-a Birthday outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment