Friday, June 9, 2017

No Sewing

I was off yesterday!  You're thinking that's great!  It wasn't.  Usually on my days off, I get one project done and make progress on my month long project.  I started off with Simplicity 1382. I haven't made much progress on it and I wanted to complete the bodice. 5 minutes in my infant started crying.  I tried to calm her down and return to my sewing machine. She was not having that! She made me fall asleep with her.  Yes she MADE me fall asleep.  With force!  Hehehe. She must of known that I was exhausted so instead of me calming her down she calmed me down.
By the time we woke up it was time to pick up the kids from school.  After that, I spent the rest of the night running around.  I guest it wasn't meant to be.

Last night I attended Museum Night at my kids school. They were docents and presented their projects. #ProudMom.

I decided to wear my MimiG flutter top with a self-draft skirt I made last year.

I love wearing this outfit.  It makes me feel so girly.
 
Review

Pattern Description:
Knit Pencil Skirt
 
Pattern Sizing:
I took my hip and waist measurements and divided measurement by two.  I cut the length 23 inches long.  The finish length measurement is 21 inches
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
This is a self-draft skirt
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I did not have any instructions to follow.  I looked at some of my Ready to Wear (RTW) skirts to kind of guide me with the process.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Nothing to dislike.
 
Fabric Used:
Floral print ITY found at my local fabric store.
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will sew this pattern again because it came out cuter than I thought it would.
 
Conclusion:
I made this skirt in the beginning of my sewing adventure.  I found it in my closet the other day and knew it would look cute with my Mimi G Flutter top.  I will make this top again.  Maybe in a solid fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment