Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sewalong McCall 7573 ViewB

Happy Tuesday!!!

What are you up to?
I had a busy weekend.  I got some sewing done and celebrated my baby's birthday.

I am finally done with McCall 7573.  This blouse was my 15-minutes of sewing project. 

I decided to make this blouse with a sheer lightweight fabric.  Isn't it beautiful.

To avoid the fussiness of working with this fabric, I interfaced the seam allowance area.

Then I had to decide what to do with the inside.   "Garments should be beautiful inside and out."  I decided to do a faux French seam.



Sewing Pattern Review

Pattern Description:
Loose Fitting pullover tops have sleeve and yoke options. C: Contrast yokes.
Pattern Sizing:
14 to 22. I cut a size 18 all the way through.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Kind of.  I decided not to include the sleeves.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy to follow with great illustrations.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I am not fond of the sleeves so I decided to follow View A instructions for the armhole,
Fabric Used:
Sheer, lightweight fabric
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Like I mentioned earlier, I did not include the sleeves.  I am not too fond of the sleeves in view B.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes probably view C

Conclusion:
I decided to make View B.  I selected a sheer fabric and had to figure out how I was going to finish the seams.  I think the French Seams finish is the best option.  Since I am working with sheer fabric I knew the fabric would be tricky to work with.  Online there's a suggestion to interface the seam allowance to minimize the fussiness of working with sheer lightweight fabric.  Instead of 15 minutes, it felt like an eternity.  Cutting the small strips of interfacing made me want to scream.   With the interfacing in the seam allowance area, my fabric sews beautifully. 
I absolutely love this blouse.  I might make view C.  Let's see.  It's a perfect summer blouse. I would like to make this blouse again in a solid.  This blouse was super big around the shoulders.  I shorten the shoulders by 3/4 of an inch on each side. I made View B however I followed the directions for the Armholes for view A.  I was a little confused.  I used store bought bias binding to finish the armholes.

After wearing this blouse, I realized that I had a major bra issue.  So I think I am going to figure out a way to add a bra shelf and add a lining since my fabric is sheer.

15-minutes of sewing:
My new 15-minutes of sewing is Simplicity 8124.
 

Work in Progress:

Simplicity 3182
The waistband!  Why can't I seem to move on to the next step?

Vogue 1531

In the sewing basket: 
These patterns have been cut and/or fabric cut and ready to become garments. 




Coming Soon:

No comments:

Post a Comment