Saturday, May 27, 2017

Wait!!!!

Wait!  I forgot to mention my 15-minutes of sewing.  Earlier this week I mentioned that I would post updates on my 15 minutes of sewing at least twice a week.  Here we go:

15-minute Sew-a-long: 

 McCall 7573 pattern pieces cut.  My fabric arrived today from Fabric Mart.  I am not fully in love with my fabric selection so, I going to continue my search as I work on a muslin.  I would do a cart wheel (I'm going to break my neck doing it because I don't know how to do a cartwheel).

Sewing Week at a Glance
I was extremely frustrated with the bodice of Simplicity 1382.  I left it on my sewing machine for two days before I decided to touch it again.  I'm starting to think my issues stems from the fabric I am using...???
 
I did some adjusting to my muslin for Vogue 1531.  I have some extra fabric in the neckline.  
I was able to complete Kwik Sew 4207 but my neck binding is horrible.  I need lots and lots of practice. 
 
 
Sewing Plan
I have quite a few items cut and ready for assembly.
I made this pattern August 2016 but I want to make it again with a knit fabric.
I absolutely love this top.  I want to make it again in a print.
This is cute and it looks pretty easy.  I will definitely lengthen this pattern.
Can't wait to figure out the sleeve.   I can rock this top like it's never been rocked before.
It's summer time so I will make at least two of these.
The crazy woman in me (I need to name her) has cut out this pattern.  I don't think I am ready to tackle pants.  Wellllll the pattern is cute and the muslin.
Shopping /Fabric Stashing
Hopefully these will not end up in my stash.  I wanted you to see some of my new goodies.
 
Stay toon for the next episode of my sewing adventure.
 
~Happy Sewing~

No comments:

Post a Comment