Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fitting! I am about to Scream

 
 

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to figure out fitting.  Why is it so difficult?  I think I am going to stick with knits.  At least for a little while.
  I hate making muslins.
  But for my daughter's dress I had to make a muslin. Plus I graded up the bodice pieces.  Everything worked out ok but now it looks frumpy.

I made the muslin with a cotton blend fabric I found in Walmart.  It was super cheap so why not?  My muslim came out okay and only needed a little adjusting so I moved on the fashion fabric.



 


My fashion fabric is a stretch satin.  I don't know how because there absolutely 0 stretch.  Anywho it's a beautiful fabric.


My first fitting in the fashion fabric looked like this.



I originally did not sew 5/8 seams. My seams were closer to 3/8 because I wanted to ensure the bodice wasn't too small. But the bodice was too loose.


 
Horrible pictures





Then I took in 1 inch.  Now it looks out of wack and the heart is distorted. What did I do wrong?  
Is it the fabric?  I need help!!!!

Lately I've been looking at the patterns on the Burdastyle website.  Not that need anymore Patterns. Smh.  I am fascinated by the idea of multiple patterns in a magazine.  How do they manages that?  I don't know about subscribing because it's pricey.  I would like to buy at least one issue to see what the rave is about.  Is there any stores in the US that sells individual issues?

view2000

No comments:

Post a Comment