Thursday, May 4, 2017

Animal Print McCall 7540



Look at my beautiful mother.  She means the world to me.
My mom absolutely loves skirts.  Especially maxi skirts.  When she saw this pattern she stared at it for a very long time.  Then she put it away and stared at it again.   




 I knew I had to make this pattern for her. 

Pattern Review

Pattern Description:
Close-fitting lined top has princess seams. Close-fitting lined dress has princess seams on bodice, waist seam and hem flounce. Fitted lined skirt has hem flounce. Close-fitting lined jumpsuit has princess seams on bodice, shaped back and waist seam. C, D: Contrast overlay, purchased trim. Includes separate pattern pieces for A/B, C and D cup sizes. Note: No provisions provided for above waist adjustment.
Pattern Sizing:
14 to 22
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does for the most part. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were super easy to follow

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There's nothing to dislike about this pattern.

Fabric Used:
This is a cotton blend fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not line the fitted skirt.  I made a facing instead.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would like to make this pattern again for myself.

Conclusion:
When I saw this pattern, I knew I needed to make it.  My mom saw the pattern envelope and fell in love with the skirt.  I have to admit I was worried about fitting the flounce to the fitted skirt.  Shockingly it was not too difficult.  Somehow, the flounce ruffled a little bit but it is not noticeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment