Saturday, October 28, 2017

Chef Gear McCall 2233 and McCall Holiday Release

Good afternoon all,

I am in love with this pattern!


My DH is a chef and can never have enough uniforms.  I found this awesome pattern by McCall and decided to give it a try.  I think this version is a wearable muslin.


Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
Double-breasted jacket with mandarin collar has two-piece long sleeves and single front patch pocket; short sleeved shirt with collar has single front patch pocket; apron with utility pockets has back waist ties and adjustable neck strap; pull-on pants with two rows of elastic and drawstring cord at waistline have side seam pockets and single back patch pocket; chef’s hat has VELCRO® closure; neckerchief is also included.
View of Inside:  I marked the wrong side of the fabric with chalk.
 
Pardon the wrinkles
 
 
Pattern Sizing:
Large--Each size sold separately
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
This pattern was extremely easy to follow
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love everything about this pattern.
Fabric Used:
Black Sateen Fabric from Joanns and Flannel for the pockets
 
Flannel for the pockets
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None needed.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will definitely make this pattern again.  This is a perfect pattern for a chef who loves to stand out.  I am currently looking for fabric with cartoon characters on it.  This fabric must be suitable to make pants.
Conclusion: 
This was not a hard pattern to make.  Since my DH is a chef, I purchased Flame Retardant spray.   treated the fabric before sewing this pattern together.  My next version will be made with two pockets instead of one. And I would like the pockets larger.  
 
 
 
 
McCall's Holiday Release


McCall released some great patterns for this holiday season.  There is a few that caught my eye.

 McCall 7682:  I love, love, love view D.    I have some striped fabric in my stash.  Hopefully it is enough to recreate this look.
 McCall 7683:  Create it pattern.  There is no many different options.  This pattern might be the key to a great holiday party dress.
 McCall 7684:  I love View C and D.   This pattern has sparked my creativity.
 McCall 7685:  This gown is beautiful!  Hands down.
 McCall 7686:  I love this pattern but I don't know if I will by it.  View B is my favorite.
  McCall 7687:  U love view F.  It's simple but I love the opening in the front.
 McCall 7688:  I love every view.  Especially View C and D.
McCall 7702:
After making the mermaid blanket for my 7 year old, I can't wait to get my hands on this pattern.

I should have some more photos soon.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment