Friday, January 6, 2017

January Sewing Plan

It's already the 5th and I have not figured out my sewing plan for the month.  I have some ideas but this is not cut in stone.

I'm starting the month with a Project for my Beautiful Mommy.  Simplicity 1249 is a beautiful dress.  this pattern focuses on fitting and getting the right fit.  For a newbie, it makes me look carefully at the seams.



Next I will work on a project for my son.  I really wanted to make him a jacket but I found this Burda hoodie pattern instead.

We found this awesome fabric from my local fabric store.  When I saw this fabric in the store I thought of military fatigue but now I think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


Then I will work on See & Sew 5908.  I bought this pattern at the very beginning of my sewing adventure.

For 2017 I have challenged myself to complete one UFO a month.  My UFO this month is McCall 7441.  I started it last year but was a little hesitant about the sleeves.  My goal this month is to complete it and rock it like it's never been rocked before.

My last project for January is a pair of pj pants for my son.  In 2016, I did not make much for my superhero son.  So figured I would make two items this month .


No comments:

Post a Comment