Thursday, January 19, 2017

Oh my sleeves McCall 7441

Well well well.  Oh sleeves. They scare me so much that I avoided this project for two weeks like seriously I started the project did the shoulders seams and the side seams and then when it came down to doing the narrow hem and installing the sleeves I panicked. So I set aside Mccall 7441 and started my Holiday Party dress, Vogue 1520.

After this jacket sat in a ziplock bag for so long,  I decided to take a crack at it.  The first sleeve fit the armhole perfectly.  The secons sleeve was too big.  How do I fix the sleeve without taking of the sleeve the sleeve?

What do I do?

I gave my seam ripper a motivational speech and then removed the sleeve.  What else was I to do?

I

Narrow Hem
The easiest way that I've found to do a narrow hem is sew a stitch 5/8" from the edge.  Then fold in the edge to the stitch line.  While folding the edge in press the fabric with an iron.

Pattern Review

Pattern Description:

Loose-fitting unlined jackets and vest have front opening variations, shaped narrow hems, and draped back. Wrong side of fabric will show. B: Hood and pockets.

Pattern Sizing: Large to 2X Large


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes.  Thank goodness!  When I looked at the pattern pieces I was worried.  The pieces looked morphed.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy pattern to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

They're nothing to dislike about the pattern.

Fabric Used:

Jersey

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes.  I will probably make one in mustard yellow.

Conclusion: 

I got a chance to practice narrow hemming.  The draping in the back is absolutely gorgeous.  This pattern was an easy sew.  I will definitely sew it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment