Thursday, January 12, 2017

Baby Pink Gingham

Oh isn't she adorable!
During my 2016 year end review I mentioned my first pattern.  Now that I look back at that moment, I knew I had to post a review.

Pattern Description:  It's so easy Simplicity 1188
An infant top, pants, and panties set
Pattern Sizing:
XS to XXL
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes it does!!!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes.  I decided to make this pattern at the beginning of my sewing adventure.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There's nothing to dislike about this pattern.
Fabric Used:
Pink Gingham
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Instead of using ribbon, I made a drawstring with some leftover fabric.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, probably next summer.
Conclusion:
The sizes run from Xsmall to Xxl.  I made an extr small for my new born.  At  the time, my daughter was only 2 months old.  I made the Extra Small but it was enormous on her.  Now my little one is 6 months only and it fits her perfectly.  The pattern instructs you to use ribbon as a drawstring.  I thought it would be cuter to make the drawstrings with gingham fabric instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment