Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Bohemian Style New Look 6516

I love skirts!  I am absolutely in love with this skirt.  I made this skirt last weekend, after prepping for Hurricane IrmA.  I have a Hurricane purse and a hurricane skirt.  I do not want anymore Hurricane items Lol!
This skirt is a great addition to my wardrobe.  I can throw this skirt on and run errands.  I was in line at Joanns when I took this photo.  Yeah Joanns!!!  I will have to take photos but I just wanted share this completed project with you.  My review of this skirt is below.

Were you wondering what patterns I picked up at Joanns?  I couldn't help it!  I had to get a few of the Fall McCall Patterns.  I didn't do to bad. 




Only three!  Aren't you proud of me!  On to my review.


 Sewing Pattern Review
 
Pattern Description:
Misses peasant skirt in two lengths with ruffle and fabric options. Skirts feature an elastic waist for easy sewing and comfortable fit with choice of ruffles or a side slits. Make them unique with contrasting ruffle.
 
Pattern Sizing:
6 to 18
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were very easy to follow.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This pattern was nicely made.  There was nothing to dislike.
 
Fabric Used:
Black/Blue/Green/Multi 100% Poly Large Abstract Print Crinkle Gauze purchased at Fabric Mart
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No alterations were made.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would like to make View A in a solid. New Look 6516 is a New Look  "Easy" pattern.  This pattern does require an difficult skills.  However attaching the skirt together but be frustrating to a baby sewer.  So I would recommend this pattern to an "infant sewer (beginner sewer comfortable with basic sewing skills)"  not a "newborn sewer"(newborn sewer is very new to working with sewing patterns and not comfortable with basic sewing skills).
 
Conclusion: 
I decided to make View C.  I cut a size 18 and then had to take it in an inch.  Next time, I will cut a smaller size.  This pattern was pretty tricky.  This skirt requires a lot of fabric.  Gathering the middle and bottom was easy but attaching the middle to the top skirt required some hand basting and patience.  The bottom ruffle piece was Huge.  I felt like I was hemming for days.  It was definitely worth it.  
I gathered the front and back separately to avoid the thread breaking and having to start over.  I love this Look and how flowy it is.  

Progress Report 

Fall Sewing Plan:  Do you remember my goal?  30 projects in 90 days.  If not, then check out my post here. With all of the chaos from Hurricane Irma I have fallen behind schedule.  This is my first project.  I am not going to give up.  I am crossing off one skirt from my list.



29 more projects in 78 days

5 tops
3 skirts 2 more skirts
1 pair of pants or a jumpsuit (first time for everything 
8  dresses
1 cape
2 tops for my tween
2 shorts for my son
1 romper for my 3 year old
1 dress for my 3 year old 
2 dresses for my 6 year old 
2 rompers for my toddler
1 dress for my mom
And something for DH.





No comments:

Post a Comment