Sunday, December 31, 2017

Poncho for Autumn, Simplicity 8428

I am really behind on my posts.  There's quite a few projects that I need to update you on. 


A few months ago, I will looking for a pattern to make for my 3 year old.  I came across this poncho pattern and knew I had to make it.  I decided to use a fleece fabric.  I've worked with Fleece before, so this was an easy project.  Check out my previous fleece projects here.   This is my first time making a Poncho and definitely


I decided to make View A without the ruffles.  The butterfly applique was purchased at Wal-Mart.



Sewing Pattern Review
Pattern Description:
This adorable Child's poncho is featured in two lengths with or without a hood and pockets.
Pattern Sizing:
S-M-L
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does!!!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The pattern was very easy to make.  The instructions included tips for working with fleece.  Most of the tips in the instructions mirrored my Fleece tips from my previous post ( link post here)
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There's nothing to dislike about this pattern.
Fabric Used:
Fleece 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I decided not to add the ruffles.  If I make this pattern again, I will make it with the ruffles .  I would also add ruffles to the good.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would love to sew this pattern again but I have quite a few items on my sewing plan.  

Conclusion: 
This poncho was very easy to make.   I took my time making this project and enjoyed the sewing process.  My sewing machine struggled with the thickness of the fleece fabric.  I will avoid using fleece for a while.  

This was my first time hand pick.  So it took me some time to wrap my head and hands around it.  Lol! If anything I would say this is a perfect for a beginner.  

My favorite part of this poncho is the neckline and the butterfly applique..


Fall Sewing Plan
27 more projects in 57 days
5 tops
2 skirts
1 pair of pants or a jumpsuit (first time for everything 
7 dresses
1 cape
2 tops for my tween
2 shorts for my son
1 romper for my 3 year old
1 dress for my 3 year old 
Add on----> Poncho for my 3 year old!  I will make changes to my sewing plan later.
2 dresses for my 6 year old 
2 rompers for my toddler
1 dress for my mom
And something for DH--> Done. Check out my post here




No comments:

Post a Comment