Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Last Minute Sewing Kwik Sew 3497

Well I am here!  I am sorry that I have not posted any of my recent projects. It has been a crazy 3 weeks.  I transferred to a new property and I have had to adjust to the change.  The first two days I thought I had made the wrong decision to transfer there.  But now I realized that I am here for a reason and my goal is to improve my department. So I am going to give this property 200%.  Change is never easy but it is worth it.





I’ve relied on my family and sewing to calm my nerves.  Now if I can find time to take pictures we will be on the right foot.

Yesterday I woke up and decided to make a top to wear to work.  I chose Easy Stitch -n- save McCall 9144 which is also Kwik Sew 3497.  This top was made with sleeves.  I decided to use the sleeves from Kwik Sew 4207.

For Kwik Sew 3497/Easy Stitch -n- save 9144 was cut in a size medium neckline, Extra Large bust, and the remainder of the top in a size Large.  I made a mistake with cutting the back piece.  I forgot to cut the neckline.  So I made me own neckline instead of using the pattern piece.  So the back neckline is a little lower than the pattern piece.  Then I cut the size Large sleeves from Kwik Sew 4207.  This is a great top to wear under blazers and cardigans.

The fabric I used was purchased at Joann’s in May.  It was a 1 yard remnant and I was determined to make a shell with this fabric.

This was a very quick sew.  I used my serger to make most of this top and finish the neckline, sleeves, and hem with my sewing machine.

I have a few more remnants in my stash that I would like to use as tops.  I will probably use this pattern a few more times before I retire it.

If you have this pattern definitely make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment