Thursday, December 6, 2018

Yellow and Black Blouse Simplicity 8601

Happy Thursday!

So you’re probably wondering how I faired with my 4 day weekend.  First I must say, I needed an extended work break.  I mean I really needed it.  See I work a lot.  I usually start my work day at 7am.  12 to 13 hour days are common.  I must admit that I am working less now than I used to work this time last year but still I work a lot.

My extended weekend entailed very little rest but I a lot of time with my family.  Much needed time to catch up.  My kids were thrilled.  I felt like I was attacked by my mini mes.  We colored watches movies read Christmas stories, danced, and cooked together. On the last day of my extended weekend I realized I was exhausted.  By then I knew I couldn’t do anything about it.  Nor would I change anything about how I spent my days off.  

I was able to make one thing.  My poor sewing wish list did not have a chance against my energetic children.

So I made Simplicity 8601 view A. When this partner was released I knew I had to make it.  I don’t know why it took me so long to make it.  I found this fabric at Walmart.  This fabric was easy to work it.

Modifications:  I cut the wrong sleeve size. The sleeve was too big for the armhole.  So I gathered the shoulder area.
  

I wore this blouse to work.  A few hours into the work day, I realized I forgot the hem the bottom of the blouse.  No problem. I tucked my blouse into my pants and rocked it.  

I will definitely make this pattern again.

What did you do Thanksgiving weekend?  Did you get any sewing done?

No comments:

Post a Comment