Sunday, October 28, 2018

Absent

Good morning!

I’ve been super busy and haven’t had time to sew.  It’s horrible how life can take all of your time and energy.  Right now I am suffering from Sewing Withdraw. Have you ever experienced Sewing Withdraw?  If I don’t touch a sewing machine or hold a sewing needle in my hand I might lose it.  So this week I am determined to make something.  I might start with something small like a skirt.

During my sewing absence, I continued to daydream about future projects.  Oh how I wish I had a magic wand.  I would make all of my daydreams come true.

Despite not getting to sew, I have been keeping up with the latest sewing patternsz. There’s a few patterns on my wish list.

Number one on my list Vogue 9349.  I want to make all 3 views!  I know my mom would love view C.

There’s a few patterns by Indie companies That I would like to try my hand at.

Hvar jacket by Itch to Stitch
Is one of them.  Can you see this jacket made with suede!


Next up is the Appleton dress by Cashmerette.

Hot patterns Fast and Fabolous drape


blouse

Mimi G Jessica dress

Megan Nielsen Matilda Dress

Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse

And I can’t leave out Gertie Charm Patterns Night and Day Dress.  I’m obsessed with the black round neckline dress trumpet skirt that Gertie is wearing


Earlier this year I tried a Lekala pattern.  I guess I didn’t do a good job with the measurements because the neckline and upper bodice was wonky.  I might try this pattern again later on this year.

Since my last post I have been looking for sewing classes in my neighborhood.  I figured if I join a sewing class that I would stay on track with my sewing plan. I haven’t had much success.

Let me know how You stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment