Monday, February 18, 2019

Self Draft Ankara Skirt

😏Good day all!  Happy Monday!!!

This is what happens when you are determined to have a new skirt!  A few weeks ago, I entered my local fabric store and instantly fell in love with this fabric!  Can you blame me?


I do not have any skirts with a double flounce so I decided to make one.  The joys of sewing your own wardrobe.


It did not take long to make.  One and a half yards of fabric and 2 hours later, I had a new skirt. 
In order to make this skirt. I drafted a pencil skirt.  After fitting the pencil skirt, the remaiing fabric was cut into lare strips. The strips were sewn together and then gathered on one side.  I decided to wrap the fabric on top of the skirt and sew the strips on top.  


I wore this skirt to church and there was a lot of stares. :-)


My eldest daughter and I had amazing time at church.
Books
I read every book from the Bane Chronicles.  They are pretty quick reads.  It's entertaining to read the course of events in Magnus Banes point of view. 
This week, I have started reading "The Jewel" by Amy Ewing.  It really reminds me of the “Divergent” series by Veronica Roth.

This book is the first book of the “ The Lone City” trilogy.  The story line is placed in a world where the Royal family needs surrogates. This book is a page turner.  You guys should really check it out.  
What have you been up to this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment