Monday, February 24, 2020

Simplicity 8982


I'm officially jumping on the bandwagon!!!!  This pattern was the Sew Your View Challenge for November 2019.  This pattern is simple and has so much potential especially with the right fabric.  In my stash, I had this burgundy knit fabric that I was planning to use to make a dress. 

I made this pattern out of the envelope with no modifications.


Sewing Pattern Review

Pattern Description:

Pattern Sizing:
8 to 24
I made the top in a size 18.  The skirt was cut in a size 16.  To eliminate the need to adjust the sleeve band, I cut a size 14 sleeve band.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the fact that this pattern was easy to make.

Fabric Used:
Burgundy Knit Fabric with raised flower design  I have no idea where I purchased this fabric.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. This pattern would be cute in a striped knit. 


Sewing Queue for Quarter 1
Pair of Pants
Bowtie Blouse
3 UFO Challenge Items

Once I complete my Quarter 1 plans I  hope there will be enought time to make additional items.  Items that I want to add to my sewing queue:
-McCall 7931- Bias Skirt
-Sheath Dress- I have this amazing grey and black knit fabric that would look great as a sheath dress.  I need to find a pattern to make it with.
-Blazer
-Burda 6293-Jacket View A


How are you guys doing with your quarter 1 sewing plans?

Have





No comments:

Post a Comment