Thursday, March 19, 2020

Work in Progress and Therapy

Good day!!!

I realized that I owe you guys some pictures.  Please know that I'm not behind on my sewing plans but behind on pictures.

This Global Pandemic,  the Coronavirus has put a stand still on events outside of the house.  So it might take a little while longer for photos.

During this time of isolation, I  am taking advantage of family time, videochating, anddddd SEWING!

During the last two months, back druing my sewing hiatus I realized that sewing has relieved some of the stress that I have been carrying for the past few months.  Sewing has been so therapeutic.

My last job made it impossible to have a life outside of work and it did not end well.  I worked with difficult people which exist in every line of business.  I was borderline crazy.  I felt like my world was going to crash in front of me.  I would never wish that experience on anyone not even my enemies.

I'm going to stop ranting and let's move on to my WIP items.  Last year I added at least 1 WIP per month.  It was quite sad and when I look at my WIP pile I get overwhelmed. 

This year, I am going to knock out some of my WIPs.  Below I have included photos of some of my WIPs.  These are just a handful and does not include fabric and patterns that were cut and never pieced together.

Skirt -  I'm not sure what pattern I used to cut this skirt.  This skirt needs a closure and a waistband. 

Self draft skirt also missing a closure and waistband.

McCall 7543 this blouse needs sleeves, a closure, and needs to be hemmed.

I started this dress for my eldest but struggled with the sleeve detail on View A

This self drafted skirt is missing a waistband.  Yes that it. Do you notice a trend with skirts.

Here's another look at the self drafted skirt 

This skirt needs to be hemmed, closures, and waistband 


This dress has a long way to go.

These are only a handful of my WIPs items that I will work on this year.

Sewing Queue for Quarter 1
Pair of Pants ----Complete
Bowtie Blouse
3 UFO Challenge Items----work in progress

Once I complete my Quarter 1 plans I  hope there will be enought time to make additional items.  Items that I want to add to my sewing queue:
-McCall 7931- Bias Skirt
-Sheath Dress- I have this amazing grey and black knit fabric that would look great as a sheath dress.  I need to find a pattern to make it with.
-Blazer
-Burda 6293-Jacket View A




Please stay safe during Coronacation and enjoy some quality time with your family.



No comments:

Post a Comment