Friday, March 27, 2020

Face Masks

It's crazy that we've got to the point of needing facemask. 

I made a few facemask for the family.  

If you want to make your own facemask there's quite a few videos on YouTube. 
This is the very first mask.  

Then I went crazy with fat quarters and fabric scraps.

Here's a few more. 

After making a few masks I ran out of elastic.  Then I read somewhere that hospitals do not use masks with elastic due to allergies.   Which makes sense so I decided to make a pattern that includes a filter pocket and does not have elastic. 

This is where I started
 Drafting a pattern is not easy but the final product is worth it.

Heres the results of my self drafted pattern.

The green mask was my first make and it gets better after that. 

Yesterday I took my son to the doctor for an allergy test.  This was on the doctor's wall.  I love this!!!

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment