Friday, February 14, 2020

Anniversary Dress Simplicity 7926

Good day sewing family,

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!



Yesterday was my anniversary.   15 years with the best man in the world.  He knows how to drive my bonkers.  But he also knows the key to my heart.  You all know that I needed a dress for my anniversary since I wore Vogue 8825 to my son's Valentine's Day Dance.  I had 7 days to make a masterpiece.

When I purchased this pattern, I opened the pattern envelope to find a great surprise.  For some reason, it did not  click that I purchased a Create it pattern.
I made a video about the Create It Process.  Enjoy.



Sewing Pattern Review

Pattern Description:
Knit dresses are fully lined and very close-fitting through bust with either pencil or circle skirt. Asymmetrical bodice features one-shoulder, strap, sleeve and cut-out variations; pencil skirt has either stitched hem or shaped hem with band and slit. Create your own design with mix and match pattern pieces.

Pattern Sizing:
this time around I cute a size 18 all the way through.   The fabric does not have a lot of stress ak I should have cut a size bigger.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I struggled with the line drawing for attaching the lining.

Fabric Used:
Red Ponte purchased at Joann's.  I am not impressed with the feel of this fabric.  The fabric does not have as much stress and it's not as soft as I would have liked.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Absolutely


When I started this dress I was super excited  until....

Until I realized that I missed a step. I did not cut the lining.  No biggie right? Wrong I had less than 3/4 of fabric left.  

No problem I squeezed the pattern pieces to fit the fabric and then continued the process.

The night before my anniversary I attached the skirt to the bodice and tried on my new dress.

I could not get the dress over my head. The lining was too small because I did not cut in according to the grain line.  After making some last minute changes I was able to wear this beautiful dress.

My husband loves the dress and we had an amazing night.   

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures wearing the dress.  I will definitely take pictures and post later.

I hope you have a wonderful  Valentine's day!!! 

Foxxy



No comments:

Post a Comment