Wednesday, February 12, 2020

10 Valentine's Day Sewing Patterns

Good afternoon all,

This week I have been looking through my pattern stash and searching online for a dress pattern to make for my Anniversary.  During my search I realized that there's a lot of amazing dress patterns for Valentine's Day.

I have selected 10 sewing patterns that would look great for Valentine's day.  I am actually using one of these patterns for my Anniversary Dress.  I can't tell you which one because my husband reads my blog. :-)

I have to admit that it was difficult to narrow down to 10 dress patterns.  I selected a handful of patterns that you can hack and create a completely different look.

Here's the my top 10 sewing patterns for Valentine's Day:

1)     Vogue 8825 which I made earlier this month.  This pattern is easy to make and you can make it in a plain fabric or cute print fabric like I did. 


2)     McCall 6884 is a Wrap Dress Pattern that's extremely easy to make.  I made this pattern a few years ago. 


3)     Simplicity 7653 View B a sexy dress that drapes in the front.  I love front draped dresses and blouses.  Make this pattern in a sequined knit and you have a showstopper.
4)     McCall 7999  View B would look great in a velvet. 
5)     McCall 6886 is a simple dress that you can modify and hack to create an amazing dress. 



6)     McCall 7926-- I love this pattern.  It is one of McCall's Create It collection.  This pattern has 4 bodice options and 3 skirt options.  Have fun with this!

7)    McCall 7833-  This dress is super cute that can be made with a solid color knit, animal print, or a floral print.  I want this dress in a leopard print or a bright red stretch velvet.

8)     McCall 8023  This pattern is super cute.  At first glance, the fabric is a little busy and takes away from the beauty of this pattern.  If I look at the line drawing, this would be gorgeous in a soft pink georgette or chiffon.

This pattern is not a quick make because this dress has boning, elastic belt with bra extender, and bra v-separator.  But the final product will be worth it.
 
 


9)     McCall 7654-  This is another McCall's Create It pattern. The different sleeves makes me want to make all of the looks.

10)   McCall 7719 is another McCall Create It pattern.  Yes, I am obsessed with Create It patterns.  This pattern has 3 bodices and 2 skirt options.  I love bodice 2 and the back of bodice 1!

Pair one of these dresses with a pair of cute sandals or pumps and you are going turn heads.

Let me know which pattern you make for Valentine's Day.

Have a wonderful week and a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment