Monday, May 31, 2021

May 2021 Sewing Makes

 Beginner Sewing Summit

The summit ran from May 3rd to the 7th.  I learned a lot.  We made several projects.  I have listed those items below.  Crazy enough..my sewing machine was out of order during the week.  During the summit, I was able to cut and serge pattern pieces.

Makes

1) Love Notion's Girl Sunday Romper

Fabric: Found at Walmart for $2 a yard

I started this make in April and put the finishing touches in May.  So It's a May make.  I made this wearable muslin for my daughter.  She absolutely loves romper. I need to make some adjustments to the fit because cutting into the real fabric

2) Rebecca Page's Toronto Tee

I made this tee as part of the Beginner's Sewing Summit.  This is a wearable muslin.  Woohoo!!!!  I made size XL and lengthen the hem.  

Fabric- Bought it at Walmart for $2 a yard.  



3) Blackwood Cardigan

I made another Blackwood Cardigan this time in a Navy Blue knit

4) Pillows- Project from Rebecca Page Sewing Summit

This is a close-up of the fabric used for the pillows on the far right and the far left.

Then I made a few more.

5) Nullarbor Cami #3- Blue Fabric from Joann's Fabric


6. Love Notion's Girls Sunday Romper

I made the Butterfly Romper

7. Sunday Girl Tank Dress 

Then... I had enough fabric to make another one for my youngest.  This time I made the tank bodice dress version

8. Hallon Dress by Paradise Pattern's

One day, I was strolling Instagram, and then bam the Hallon dress.  I had to pause.  I scrolled past the post and then scrolled back to it.  I had to have it.  Soooo I went over to Paradise Pattern's Etsy's page and purchased the pattern.

For this pattern,  I followed along with the Paradise Patterns sew-along video


Pictures Coming Soon

9. McCall 8217 

I made this pattern on the 31st.  The very last day.  I've had this fabric for over a year now.  It was super easy to make. 

 Pictures Coming Soon   

I Made May  

Here are a few pics from Me Made May 2021. I struggled after the first few days of the month.



Total Makes this Month: 9
Items Made using fabric from my stash: 2 items

Favorite Make: It's a tie between the Love Notions Romper and the Love Notions Dress!  My girls look absolutely adorable!


 

Total Makes this Month: 9
Items Made using fabric from my stash: 2 items

That's all for May!  

Happy Sewing!















No comments:

Post a Comment