Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Love Notion's Girls Sunday Romper



It's Tuesday!!!!!

I started this make in April and put the finishing touches in May.  So this is a May make. 

I made this wearable muslin for my daughter.  She absolutely loves romper.

I purchased this pattern during one of Love Notion's Feature Friday sales. I also purchased the Ladies Sunday Romper.  Hopefully, I'll have time to make the Ladies Romper.

This pattern has front and back v-neck openings that allow for easy on and off. Patch pockets are super practical and look great! An elasticated casing at the natural waist makes this easy to fit and wear. Choose from a tank or dolman bodice. Four bottom options include 5″ shorts, cropped pants, full-length pants, and knee-length skirts. This romper is meant for knit fabrics.

This pattern is perfect because it allowed me to work towards this month's goal: to practice installing necklines in knit garments.  This pattern was interesting because it has a v-neck.  This was a first for me.  Installing the neckline was not that bad.  

For this pattern, I used a striped knit fabric that I found at Walmart.  It was $4 for 2 yards.  You will hear no complaints from me.

I cut a size 10.  The bodice was a little big and didn't lay as nice as I would have liked.  I am happy with the length of the bottoms. This was easy to make.   

My daughter would like a romper with butterfly print fabric.   For the butterfly print romper, I am going to cut the size 8 romper and lengthen the shorts.  I'm not sure if I am going to keep the V-neck in the back of the bodice.  I might round out the back neck and add a button.  We will see.  

I would also like to make the dress with the tank bodice. 



Here's some pics of my daughter doing cartwheels.  She's sooo happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment