Friday, April 30, 2021

April 2021 Makes

 Heyyyyyy!

It's been a while but I'm Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! I hope you're hanging in there.  Here in Florida everything is pretty much open.  We're still required to wear mask.  I am not complaining.  

April was an amazing month.  I made 16 garments!!!!  I made quite a few easy makes but still 16!!!!  So I am not going into too much detail about each make because this would be a super long post.

This month, I have been focusing on a few things

-practicing necklines in knit garments.  

-making an effort to use fabric from my stash.

I'm officially in love with indie patterns.  I don't have to do as many adjustments.  

So we go with my makes for this month

1. McCall 8503 



Fabric Purchased last year from Joanns -2 yards of fabric

2. McCall 7774

Fabric Joanns purchased a few years ago --2 yards of fabric

3 and 4 Simplicity 1165 Shorts

Black knit from my stash.  I can't remember where I bought it- 1 yard of fabric

Snoopy Fabric an upcycle project.  I have an large pair of shorts at Walmart last winter



5, 6, and 7 Helen's Closet Blackwood Cardigan

Blue French Terry from Joann's

Ivory Knit from Walmart--photos coming soon

Khaki Knit from Walmart that was in my Stash --2 yards

8. Shoulder Pad Tee by Alissa Montanez 

Fabric: Same fabric that I used for Simplicity 1165 Shorts 1 yards 

9 and 10. Simplicity 8787 

Fabric: Gold Knit Fabric Wholesale Direct from my stash 2 yards



Fabric Blue Double Knit from Joann's--Photos coming soon 

10. McCall 8108 

Fabric Ankara from Fabric Wholesale Direct


11.Helen's Closet Luna Tee


Fabric: Joann's

12 and 13 Muna and Broad Nullarbor Cami

Fabric: Walmart from my stash--1 yard



Fabric Fabric Mart also from my stash. I made a skirt for my daughter a few years ago in this fabric.  I had about a yard left.  This pattern is a stash buster.



14 . McCall 7943 

Fabric: Joann's Fabric purchased two years ago  3 yards

15. Simplicity 8354 Shorts  with modifications for my 10 year old



Fabric: Denim fabric from my stash 0.75 yards

So I was able to make 10 garments using fabric from my stash

My favorite make this month is....Drum Roll Please.... McCall 7774.  

It was almost a three-way tie between McCall 7774, McCall 8503, and McCall 7943.  I reach for M7774 more because it has pockets.  Pocket's make me very happy!!!

Well that's all of my makes!  Have a fantastic weekend!

 ~Foxxy Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment