Saturday, May 2, 2020

Simplicity 8791

Ahhhhhh natural sunlight.
During this break, I have had a lot of time to sew. I made this top in 2 or 3 days.


This blouse is beautiful and has a lot of details.  There's gathering in the front and the back.The sleeves have a continuous lap and the waist ties are extremely long.  You can tie the blouse in the front or in the back. 
I loved making the sleeves because it gave me the opportunity to work on buttonholes, installing buttons on my sewing machine, anndddddddddd making a continuous loop for the first time!!!!! 

Review:
Fabric: Navy Blue with white polka dots Quilting cotton, I wish I had selected a lighter fabric.
Size:
I cut the following: Size 18 for Shoulder and neckline, size 18 for the bust and size 18 for the waist.

Did it look like the pattern envelope: Yes

Would I make it again?: Yes I would like to try this with a lighter cotton.  







This was my first time sewing a continuous loop on a shirt sleeve.


This blouse is the Sew Your View Instagram group MARCH pattern of the month.  The Sew Your View ladies and I made a video of this pattern.

Enjoy!


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment