Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Simplicity 8414 Bomber Jacket and Ankara Print

This jacket was a victim of abandonment.  I started this jacket on January 28th and Completed it on December 29th. 11 months later!  I am ashamed of myself. How did this beautiful jacket become an 11 month old WIP.  Thankfully I completes this project before the year ended.

This pattern is amazing and the fabric compliments the pattern lines.  I've worn this jacket every day since December 29th.  Maybe I should make one more.  Who knows I might end up with a collection of Me Made jackets.

This pattern had great instructions.  Simplicity always makes me feel like a professional even though I am a beginner.  Thank you so much Simplicity. Simplicity Patterns you have a special place in my heart.   


This jacket is made with Ankara jacket from my local fabric store.
My dream jacket had yellow cuffs, yellow collar, and a yellow and black zipper.  Unfortunately I didn't find yellow ribbed knit or a yellow and black zipper.  No worries I still love my jacket. 
 
Let's see what next on my cutting board. 
 
Talk to you later.  ~  Foxxy

2 comments: