Sunday, February 3, 2019

Navy Blue Pants: See and Sew 5908

Make Nine Challenge

I have made some progress with my Make Nine challenge. 2 done and 7 more to go.  I think I am going to make the first items again.  This is the first item that I made from my challenge See & Sew 5908.  I consider this a wearable muslin.  I originally cut this pattern and pattern pieces out in 2017.  I was 20 pounds heavier then.  I had to trim inches from the leg width.  I also had to take in the waist.  Then I realized that I do not want the pant legs so wide so I removed more from the leg width.  I wore them to work and I think I can take off a little more from the width and shorten just a bit.  I add a pop of color at the waist band with the pink binding. 


This is my first time making a pair of semi fitted pants, with a front fly zipper, and belt loops.  I am in love and definitely want to make this pattern again.

Sorry not the best photos. 

The fabric is navy blue but I can't remember where I purchased it. It was really easy too sew.  I was nervous about the front fly but the instructions were amazing.  






Surprisingly I had more trouble lining up the hook and eye than installing the zipper.  I know it sounds crazy.  Thank you Butterick!


Reading
In the last few months of 2018, I decided to turn back to my old ways. Reading.  I forgot how much I love to read.  There’s something about reading that makes me feel at peace.  It always me an opportunity to escape and enter an imaginary world. 

Since going back to one of my favorite hobbies, I've done a lot of reading.  I mean a lot. 

This week I'm currently reading "The Bane Chronicles".  This is a collection of 11 books by Cassandra Clare. 


Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment