Saturday, February 2, 2019

Make Nine


Make Nine 2018
Last year, I participated in the Make Nine challenge on Instagram.  January of last year, I assumed that I would have time to sew everything on my list.  I had to make a muslins for 6 of the 9 items relltequitrf a Muslim.  I truly did not have time for fitting issues.  So I had to put them to the side so I could work on items less time consuming.  From my original list, I made 2 of the 9 items.  I don't think I was realistic when I selected the patterns.  Sometimes we let our eyes out run our sewing machines.
However in 2018, I made 32 items.  These 32 items does not include all of my fail projects and muslins.  So I didn't do too bad.  Here's a view of 9 complete items from 2018. Sadly only a handful of items made it to this blog.
.

2018 Goals

Every year, we all drafted a list of items to work on aka New Years Resolutions/ Sewing Resolutions.  I planned to work on the following
2018 Goals:
-Master installing a neckline-Work in Progress
-Face my fear of making pants--Failed :-(
-Make a garment with Grommets--Complete :-)
-Make a garment using an Indie Pattern--Not Complete
-Continue working on the art of fitting--Work in Progress


I have decided to keep the same resolutions for 2019, except I am removing the garment with Grommets.  I'm adding the Make Nine challenge to my resolutions.

2019 Goals:
-Master installing a neckline
-Face my fear of making pants
-Make a garment using an Indie Pattern
-Continue working on the art of fitting

-Complete the Make Nine Challenge
 

Make Nine 2019
For 2019,  I took a look in my closet to determine holes in my wardrobe.   This iswhat I came up with.

#1 Simplicity 8849

#2  Simplicity 8454


#3 Simplicity 8418


#4 Bow Tie Blouse

#5 Simplicity 8749

#6 McCall 7833

#7 McCall 7862

#8 McCall 7899

#9 See & Sew 5908

Are you participating in the Make Nine Challenge?  What do you have on your to do list?


No comments:

Post a Comment