Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Tye Dye Stripe Top Kwik Sew 4207

Happy Thursday!
I have a lot going on this week.  I was frustrated with Simplicity 1382 and need a quick project to bring up my spirits.
 
 
I'm not sure why this is picture is upside down.   
 
 
At least you can see my fashion fabric.

I had to figure out how to cut out all of the pieces with only one yard of fabric and manage to match stripes. 😂

What's a girl to do but to figure out a way to make this top with ONE yard of fabric

I had to remove about an inch from the sleeves.  I ran out of fabric. 

Joann's was running a sale on Remnants.  I plan less than $1.25 !  Woohoo!
I knew that this fabric would make an adorable top.   It wasn't until I made it home that I realized this patter yards of fabric for my size
 

Since this is a knit top but I decided not to do a full bust adjustment  but instead cut a size large neckline shoulder seam and armhole and grade it up to a size extra large from my bust area all the way down.











After daydreaming about this topic for at least two days I'm glad that I finally have it. This project did not take long to make I was able to cut it and have it completely song and I am about 2 1/2 hours I'm I did have some trouble with the neckline with the neck binding

 So I cut a size large for the neckline the alarm hole in the shoulders and cut and extra-large for the bar area and then graded back down to an edge to a large for the remainder of my top now that I have this beautiful top the next time I make this pattern I need to at least 3 inches maybe 4 inches to the length of it and also then

My first time sewing with twin needles.  I thought it would be cute to sew with white and blue thread.  Now I'm thinking that was not a great idea.  But it's different!  I have to admit, the twin needles makes this top look professionally done.

***Next time***
 Add about 2 to 4 inches to the length of my top and when I will next time I will come see you about grading down a little bit more this top is intended to be fit it in my top is not faded at all I'm which is good and bad there's some areas where I don't want fitted but yeah there's some areas that I do I still love my top and it now but this was definitely an opportunity I realize that I need to continue to practice installing the neck finding that actually drove me crazy I did I had to remove the neck binding and reinstalled again and And then the second time I installed it it's the little wonky but it's good will I wear this top of course I will

Sewing Pattern Review
 
Pattern Description:
Close-fitting, pullover tops have scoop neckline with neck binding and stitched hems. A: Patch pocket. B: Cold shoulder sleeve.
 
Pattern Sizing:
XS to XL
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The directions were very easy to follow.  I love how the pattern goes into detail about the steps to take with knit fabrics. 
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There's nothing to dislike.
 
Fabric Used:
Tye Dye Knit
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shorten the sleeve by an inch (I ran out of fabric).  I am glad I shorten it by an inch because it would have been way to long.  Everything happens for a reason.
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes! Yes! Yes!  This pattern has two sleeve options.  You can make a classic shirt with standard sleeves, which will never go out of style.  Or you can make the cold shoulder sleeve which is in this season.  If you haven't made this top yet what are you waiting for.
 
Conclusion:
I am going to make one more top in a solid color and then one for my oldest daughter.  When I made this top I cut the neckline and armhole in a Large, a bust in a Extra Large, and the waistline in a Large.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment