Monday, May 15, 2017

Tween School Dance Dresses

It's that time of year again!!!  With 6 weeks left in the school year, my schedule it jam packed.   My oldest daughter is a 5th grader.  Where does the time go. It felt like just yesterday she was taking her first steps.  She was determined to walk and took her first steps on my bed.  She was 7 months old and determined. I panicked because I didn't want her to fall off.  Once my blood returned I realized what had happened.  My first born was walking!  Now she's a Preteen with"grown up" issues.  Anywho, her school has scheduled some end of the year events to celebrate her move to the 6th grade...including a graduation.

We're in the shopping/maybe "make" stage.

I've compiled a list of cute trendy dresses for the end of the school year dance.  I've also researched patterns that you can use to accomplish things looks.

You can achieve this look with Simplicity 1382 View D or make View A with cap sleeves.  That would be super cute!!!  



Simplicity 1382 can create this look, just use View A and B instead

With some modifications Simplicity 8183 could work

Remove the sleeves and straighten out the flounce and McCall 7274 will make a beautiful dress
 
Here's a few more options that I found online.  Unfortunately, I have not found tween patterns to achieve these looks.  If you have some suggestions please comment below.



 
~Happy Sewing!~

No comments:

Post a Comment