Saturday, November 5, 2016

Holiday Party Dress-Vogue 1520 Part 1


Do you remember my potential company Holiday Party Dress?  Well a few ladies on Facebook decided to form a Sew-a-long Group on Facebook.  everyone's welcome to join.  That's awesome because I was afraid to make this dress, especially without guidance.

The designer Badgley Mischka sells this evening gown for $800 and its currently on sale for $550. This does not include tax or shipping.


Thankfully I  am going to sew this a beautiful gown.  I'm super excited.

So I begin this adventure with the fabric, a beautiful stretch velvet from Vogue Fabric
I am still ify about the lining and the beaded cuff.  

If I don't do the beaded cuff I will probably modify the dress.  instead of a long sleeve it will be a 3/4 sleeve.  I am also going to shorten the train.  

So is there any tips for working with Velvet?

No comments:

Post a Comment